Match 4 Live Stream link for Cascadia v has been released. It can be viewed live or is available recorded after the match. It is the quarterfinal match.Read More
CAFF is excited to have been featured in a new article - Welcome to the world of Cascadia - America's Sole Hope for World Cup Season from thesefootballtimes.com which gives a nice mention to Cascadia, the team, and how for the first time since 1986 - America has failed to make the World Cup... leaving Cascadia the only hope for World Cup Season.Read More
Company spokesman Paddy Power said: “We love the idea of a tournament which represents the underdog, and sticks one up FIFA.
“English fans have little or no incentive to go to Russia, so we thought we’d give them an alternative right on the doorstep.No millionaires, no prima donnas, just decent lads who are every bit as patriotic as every other international player.”Read More
COMPETING ON A GLOBAL STAGE WITH MILLIONS OF SPECTATORS IS SUCH A BIG OPPORTUNITY, AND NOT JUST TO SHOW OUR PASSION FOR SOCCER. WHILE PLAYING “THE BEAUTIFUL GAME” IS THE PURPOSE OF THE TRIP, THIS WEEK, CAFF HAVE AGREED TO ALLOW SOME EMPLOYEES AND CONTRIBUTORS AT CASCADIA UNDERGROUND (MYSELF INCLUDED) TO ACCOMPANY THE TEAM IN A FULLY SELF-FUNDED CULTURAL CAPACITY ON THEIR TRIP TO COMPETE IN ENGLAND. SIMPLY PUT, WE’RE JOINING TEAM CASCADIA.Read More
Cascadia Association Football Federation (CAFF) to help field a Cascadia Regional Team at the CONIFA World Cup in 2018. If you are interested in being involved, please email CAFF coordinator Aaron Johnson directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. CAFF is an all volunteer, grassroots effort dedicated to helping see Cascadia represented at an international level of sport, and was organized by members of the three Cascadia supporter groups in 2013.
- If you would like to support the Cascadia Association Football Federation you can donate for their trip here.
- If you would like to help with website, social media, outreach, be the on the leadership team or have inquiries regarding partnership, players, coaches etc. please email CAFF coordinator Aaron Johnson directly at email@example.com
For those not aware, CONIFA is the international football confederation for teams not part of FIFA. Its members include states, partially-recognised states, regions, minority groups and sports-isolated territories. CONIFA is strictly politically neutral, and is run by volunteers. The 2018 World Football Cup will bring together a diverse collection of CONIFA members from around the world. Participation was determined based on qualification games/tournaments, regional qualification spots and two wild cards.
CascadiaNow! and CAFF would like to thank Kelly Dews, Looptworks and all involved throughout Cascadia for bringing the new shirt to reality.
CONIFA Qualified Teams are:
- Africa: Barawa; Matabeleland; Kabylia
- Asia: Tibet; Tamil Eelam; United Koreans of Japan; Panjab
- Europe: Abkhazia; Padania; Northern Cyprus; Western Armenia; Ellan Vannin; Felvidek; Székely Land
- North America: Cascadia
- Oceania: Kiribati
- Barawa, a region of Somalia, qualified for the tournament as host – the Barawa Football Association is based in London and consists of Barawan diaspora. Tibet, whose honorary president is his Holiness the Dalai Lama, received a wildcard, as did Western Armenia.
- Abkhazia qualified as reigning world champions after they beat Panjab in a thrilling penalty shoot-out finale at the 2016 World Football Cup. Padania qualified as European champions after winning the European Football Cup in Northern Cyprus earlier this year, while Tamil Eelam earned their spot by winning the Challenge Cup.
- The participation of Kiribati will raise awareness about the existential threat climate change poses to their low-lying Pacific homeland. CONIFA has been actively involved in football development in Kiribati since it joined as a member in May 2016.
The official draw for the 2018 CONIFA World Football Cup will take place in London later this year. The draw will also coincide with an announcement regarding the tournament’s major sponsor.You can find the Cascadia Association Football Federation page here. A HUGE thank you to all the Cascadia football supporters no matter your club or supporters group. It was discussion between all of us on the Cascadia Trifecta Page that led to the first kit and helped inspire the creation of the CAFF. If it wasn't for all of you this would not be taking place.